Does the warmer weather make you want to break out the grill? Grilling vegetables is a wonderful healthy option and adds flavor to your BBQ dishes. Check out this great idea from Bonnie Plants on how to create a grilling garden.
Here are some suggestions for your Grilling Garden. Plant vegetables you like and make sure to follow the planting options. These plants are pictured small to make the illustration simpler, but your bed will be spilling over as the plants grow! Following spacing on the plant labels, adding a few more plants than we have pictured if the spacing allows.
Area 1 – Eggplant And Summer Squash
- 1 eggplant (any variety) with cage or stake
- 1 summer squash (Crookneck, Straightneck, or Zucchini)
Area 2 – Cherry Tomato And Bell Pepper
- 1 Cherry Tomato (such as Husky Cherry Red, Sun Sugar, or Sweet Cherry) with cage
- 1 Bell pepper, any color, with cage or stake
Area 3 – Onions
- 24-36 Onions (any variety)