How can you pay tribute to soldiers, sailors, airmen, Marines and Coast Guardsmen? Here are 10 ways:
- At 11 am, observe a moment of silence for those who’ve fought and died while in service.
- Display an American flag.
- Attend a Veterans Day Parade!
- Thank a vet for his/her service to our country.
- Send a letter to troops through the US Dept of Defense Website.
- Volunteer in a homeless shelter or soup kitchen.
- Visit a veteran’s grave or pick up trash in a veterans cemetery.
- Visit the family of a veteran who is serving overseas.
- Visit with a wounded vet at a local VA facility.
- Donate to the USO, the American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars USA or other organizations that honor and assist vets.